#introductions I don't know what I am, but I'm here.
I write a lot about feelings (especially grief) and dissolving the plutonomy. I code; I record original music; I build shelves; I pull out wisteria; I parent; I friend.
In suspended transition from 2000-2016, struggling towards transgirl since then.
After years of insisting that DRM in HTML wouldn't block open source implementations, Google says it won't support open source implementations
So, Frontier is claiming I owe them $74.98, months after I cancelled the account.
I sent them a letter asking for an accounting of the amounts which lead to this total, with date for each, so I could verify that I actually owed it -- and their response has been to send it to a collection agency, CCS, who is (of course) reiterating the demand without providing any new information.
Does anyone know how to say "fsck off, I don't owe this" in legalese?
I have questions...
* Does it come with a tool for converting my old analog air?
* Will it fry all of my air, or just the air I've digitized?
* Does it use DRM so I can only use their brand of air?
* Has it been tested to make sure it won't install a rootkit that gives it control of *all* the air?
* (most important) Can it be gendered? (I need a pink version that's safe for my daughter to use. I'm sure you understand.)
If you're in America, instead of sending money in for Notre Dome have you considered sending money into one of the black churches who were arsoned?
One in Louisiana seems to have had some funding success on the back of this other popularized tragedy.
But there are a lot of other churches that haven't got the attention this one did.
On a meta level is kind of fucked up that the attention economy plays a role in hypocrisy of taking care of each other.
Thought for today:
Sometimes one group of people has to do something that *seems* objectively silly because another group of people is doing something that is *actually* silly.
-- Footnotes --
1. a word which here means "pointless, seemingly just for social status if you don't know the context"
2. a word which here means "harmful or deadly for no good reason"
techpol, bad, absurd Show more
Europol tried to declare math and physics to be "terrorist content". This is abhorrent and a sign of dark times, but it also gives me a chance to feel pretty damn punk rock.
Apparently a historic building near downtown #DurhamNC exploded because of a gas leak, a little over an hour ago.
I was downstairs and heard the windows rattle; @Harena was upstairs by a window and heard the explosion and felt the house move.
A Mastodon instance for cats, the people who love them, and kindness in general. We strive to be a radically inclusive safe space. By creating an account, you agree to follow our CoC below.