like, buying a dedicated domain or using www. since for some reason sharing cookies between a domain and its subdomains was much more attractive than keeping any isolation between a domain's cookies and its subdomains
it's like the web is exclusively lead by trolling blackhats and lazy webshits and everyone just "oh fuck it's broken again where's the duct tape" until the end
Though I didn't drop the instance of GNUsocial, it drop itself as the entire server crashed fatally.
seems like something broke? I no longer get HOME with all people I followed in the past
I could also go for GNUsocial as it doesn't imply trusting a full NodeJS blob'ed path of dependencies.
my only concern is disk usage - I pay 2.50€ per 25GB per month. I know the feediverse is big at this point and that the stored data (as little as I know about Mastodon's internals) depends on the world view of my node.
What kind of growth is in there?
1) How much traffic does your instance consume per month?
I have no limits, but I'd still know stats to be sure - running a tor exit with 4+ TB/month was okay in the network this would be located in.
2) If possible I'd like to know how big your disk usage of Mastodon is - I will never use external services like AWS. From past exchanges with Diaspora admins I know that old instances use large amounts of disk space.
Seems like pirateparty.be doesn't federate here yet. So, copy-paste repost:
Among many other productive things in the last days, I will:
- mentor someone who'll build a Docker #Guix package (Docker itself from source, not an image)
- finish Buildbot for Guix and #GuixSD
- Give the gnunet shepherd service another try and work on it with other GNUnet hackers in one location later in 2018.
More to be posted in a blog post
The #c3nav team decided to stop working on the app until #ccc makes public statement regarding latest treatment of victims. I could not read all linked tweets but think that's a good decision. #34c3
Das TrIQ in Berlin kriegt nur weiter Förderung wenn sie 6500€ selbst stellen - hier geht's zur Crowdfunding Kampagne und zum Infovideo um was es hier geht. >>
English: TrIQ in Berlin needs our help! They fund/make possible cool projects, this is queer/inter/trans* people supporting queer/inter/trans* people -- please donate if you can, and look at the link for more info!
News from congress: I managed to get a more precise description and low + high-level view on infotropique. Some open questions remain.