Chain of thought:
• nighttime noisy neighbors and daytime loud engine yard equipment are bad.
• I should live on the Moon, like Spaceboy.
• I wonder what Internet latency from the Moon is like.
• round-trip distance is around 2,500 ms 🙁
• how are we going to do fully automated luxury gay space communism with ping times like these?
@keturn well, the InterPlanetary File System folks seem to believe the answer is Content-Centric Networking instead of packet-oriented. I think they're partly right, but that can't be a complete solution, because sometimes you just need to get some data to a particular place...
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!