Follow

my train broke down this morning so I spent an extra hour poking at my spatial partitioning code that I've been struggling to optimize. I was able to make a small step forward. I rewrote the function that moves and re-categorizes the partitions an object is in and now it can handle ~1000 moving objects at 60fps when collision detection is disabled. the next, and more difficult, challenge will be to optimize the collision detection algorithm. as of now performance tanks with ~150 objects.

I think there's still another optimization pass or two needed after that because the GC is still running too often.

Show thread
Sign in to participate in the conversation
Toot.Cat

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!